We all know they look cool... ok, super cool, but there are some even more important reasons why you should never skimp on sunglasses. Here are the top 5 reasons why we always carry our shades with us, anywhere and everywhere we go:
1. Most obviously, sunglasses keep your eyes safe from the sun's rays, but what's pretty surprising is the range of health problems that a good pair can help prevent, including skin cancer, cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration.
2. Bright sunlight can trigger bad headaches and migraines; a good pair of sunglasses (that shields both UVA and UVB rays) can drastically reduce the sun's effect on the eyes.
3. Spending long periods of time in bright light without sunglasses can actually limit your eyes' ability to adjust to lower light, making everyday tasks like nighttime driving especially difficult.
4. Wearing sunglasses prevents you from squinting in bright sunlight, which in turn prevents premature wrinkles. So, basically, sunglasses keep you young forever. You're welcome.
5. Get the right pair of sunglasses and you're pretty much guaranteed to look really, really cool ( we had to throw that one in there).
To stay safe (and look awesome) in the sun, design your own funoogles sunglasses starter pack right here!