Being a parent is equal parts incredible and infuriating… we can probably all agree on that. Just when you think you have the whole thing figured out, life throws you a curveball and you realize that you actually had nothing figured out at all. There are also a few moments that every parent—no matter where you’re from, how old you are or how old your kids are—has experienced at least once. Take note… because if you’re a parent and these haven’t happened to you yet, they will!
1. When your kid tries to wake you up in the night and you pretend to be asleep, but they just won’t leave you alone!
2. When you finally have a day or night alone or out with friends and whoever is watching the kids keeps texting and calling with updates.
3. When you’re out at a restaurant and your kid loses it and has to be taken outside… but all that delicious food is getting cold.
4. When your child has a diaper emergency that even you can’t comprehend.
5. When you keep telling them it’s bedtime and they keep responding with “just 5 more minutes…”
6. When the perfectly clean white t-shirt immediately has stains on it before you were even able to get out the door.
7. When your child overhears a story about you that they shouldn’t have and suddenly everyone else has heard about it too!
When things get tough, try keeping them preoccupied with an awesome pair of funoogles! :)